- VAIO will use Personal Information only within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose(s) of use which has been specified in advance, except for cases in which VAIO has obtained in advance consent from the individual who provides his/her Personal Information (hereafter “the individual”) and for cases permitted under the related laws or regulations.
- VAIO may subcontract the processing of entrusted Personal Information to a third party within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose(s) of use. VAIO will exercise necessary and adequate supervision to such third party by such means as making contracts.
- Without the consent of the individual, VAIO will not provide Personal Information to any third party, except for cases permitted under the related laws or regulations. VAIO will not provide Personal Information to any third party, based on the “Opt-Out System” (Article 23.2 of the Act on the Protection Personal Information).
- VAIO will make special consideration for the handling of Personal Information of customers under fifteen (15) years old, e.g., to notify clearly in advance to ask such customer to provide Personal Information only upon guardian’s consent.
- VAIO will take necessary and appropriate security control measures in line with existing technical standards and will implement corrective actions as needed to protect entrusted Personal Information from leakage, loss, destruction, etc.
VAIO will, based on the provisions of the related laws or regulations, properly respond to comment(s) and request(s) from the individual regarding handling of Personal Information such as to review, correct, stop receiving further product or service information from VAIO, or to delete Personal Information of their own after confirming their identity. Please contact the appropriate customer center under the guidance of each company to which you have provided your Personal Information.
This policy was established and took effect on July 1, 2014 and was revised on November 15, 2016
Chairman of the Personal Information Management
TEL: +81-263-87-0810 (Head Office) / +81-3-6420-0960 (Tokyo Office)